It describes how we collect and use the information you provide and we collect, your control over your information, how you can access and update your information, and provides general information about the security methods we use to protect your information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We will collect and use both your personal and non-personal information as you participate in the activities and services we provide. This section describes how we may collect this information and how it may be used.
- Participation requires you to complete our registration form, which requires you to provide certain specific personal information.
- When registering, you agree that you will not provide false or misleading information about yourself except that you may use a screen name for the purpose of privacy. We may take steps to verify that information you provide is accurate, complete and current, but we are not responsible for doing so.
- Failure to provide certain personal information or providing false personal information may result in temporary account suspension until you work with us to correct and verify your information. If you refuse to correct the information, your account will be permanently suspended.
- Registering for an account requires you to agree that we may contact you at any time via methods available using any of the information you provide. Maintaining an account requires that you continue to agree to such contact. We may provide information on the nature of such contact before it occurs or we may choose to contact you without prior notice.
- We value your privacy and will not sell or otherwise provide your information to third parties unless we are required to do so as part of providing our services, including but not limited to providers of hosting services or mailing lists.
Protecting your personal information is very important to us. Many safeguards are in place to protect your data and our systems against unauthorized access and use.
- Information collected by us is encrypted and transmitted to us securely via SSL.
- Your information may be stored on secure servers in the U.S. and/or elsewhere in the world where our host's centers are located.
- While we make every effort to ensure that your information is protected by our own safeguards as well as those of our host and any third-party providers, we shall not be liable to you or any other party for the acts of any such third-party providers or software or programs of any other party, including but not limited to "hackers" or others who access, disrupt or otherwise interfere with or damage this website or any other website or service involved in the or any of the associated data.
Your Access to and Control Over Your Information
This section describes your control over your personal information.
- You will be able to access the personal information you provide and be able to:
- update or correct your account information at any time.
- submit a request for account deletion by contacting us via our Contact Form.
- Certain files are automatically created during website operation such as server logs and website backups. Deleting your account will not remove your information from those files.
- We may be required to retain some information to comply with United States laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests. Our web host and other third-party services may also be required to keep such information.
- We may not be able to immediately delete your account if the account information has been formally requested by any United States legal process or enforceable governmental request. We will do everything possible to protect your private data if faced with such a request, and we will notify you before any information is released, if possible.
- Under no circumstances will an account you have asked us to delete be used to force your continued participation in our activities and services.
- You are responsible for the confidentiality of any account information you provide that we did not explicitly state may be publicly displayed, and anything you do in association with your account.
- Information you provide in public forums, chats, blogs, and similar, whether associated with us or not, is public information. You will have no expectation of privacy in such situations. We are not liable for any of your private information that you release.
- We may contact you regarding any information you release. If such information is released on any website or service directly or indirectly under our control, we have the right to remove the content before contacting you if it violates any of our stated rules for that service, the rights of anyone else, any laws of which we are aware, or if we judge the content to be violent, harassing, or otherwise objectionable.
- If you wish to bring any information or situation to our attention, contact us via our Contact Form and we will discuss it with you. We are responsible for the final decision on the handling of the information or situation you report.
This website uses "cookies." A "cookie" is a small bit of record-keeping information that is sent to your computer. Cookies do not include personal data and may be used to: (1) authenticate your login, (2) help you navigate around our website, (3) store your preferences, and (4) allow us to monitor how people are using our services.
Most browsers are set up to accept cookies, but you can disable cookies or set your browser to notify you when a cookie is being sent. However, disabling cookies may affect your ability to use our website and other website or service involved in the activities and services we provide.
As part of your participation, you may choose to disclose personal information about yourself while communicating with other participants. This section describes your and our rights and responsibilities related to that content.
Last Updated: 2016-11-28